Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mr Mom

Now, this isn't going to turn into Rebecca Eckler's Blog .
But here are two examples of the challenges of doing freelance work while watching a baby.

I make a bunch of calls and wait for callbacks.
Of course, right as one call comes, Sleeping Baby wakes up.
What's more, as I cradle the phone between cheek and shoulder, she vomits.
Then the doorbell rings.

Or there was the time she was in the mood for playing when a call came.
And no quiet toys would suffice. It had to be the LOUD piano.
So I had to dump her with the piano and do the interview in the kitchen, peeking in on her all the time. That was fun too.

And, I should mention, that I caught the last 1/2 hour of Mr Mom on TBS last week.
Sweeeeet.
(But I missed the company picnic/race scene with Keaton and Mull...oh, well)

1 Comments:

Blogger ninepounddictator said...

Oh you will learn to make it work. To schedule interviews around nap times, and then stay up all night writing when your child sleeps...
You may also learn to beauty of interviewing people over e-mail (if publications you write for allow that!)
Or you will learn the beauty of DVDs. I know. I know....
Trust me, my best work hours are at night now...

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home