Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Random Thought - Wherefore art the Shamrock Shake?

I am not one to either engage in St. Patrick's Day revelries, nor to sup beneath the Golden Arches.

Nonetheless,it did occur to me this week that an important holiday tradition has gone AWOL. Of course I am speaking of the Shamrock Shake.

Like all McDonald's shakes it was wonderfully thick and goopy but with a lively green colour and a minty bite.

I wonder where it went?
Did some Irish anti-defamation group have it shut down?

NOTE:In doing research I did come across this web site that has a petition to bring back the shake which has been gone for as long as a DECADE in some markets. Quelle horreur.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the shamrock shake has been mixing in the Golden Shake machine here in my town for well on two weeks, now. maybe this is a franchise-by-franchise thing...

2:53 PM  
Blogger Heavy Early said...

Darn that's good to know.
I'm hoping to swing down to New York but not until the summer by which time they will be gone.
What a crime.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Heavy Early said...

p.s. Thanks for reminding me to add Ron Sexsmith to the fave musicians in my profile. What an embarassing ommission!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home