Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Catching Up

On the off chance you are a regular reader, my apologies.
I'm not at work this week so, as you can see, no time!

Here are just some of the fascinating things going on in the world:

-Rick Mercer is auctioning off the Liberal leadership on Ebay. This is kinda funny - but only a 6.5/10 for Mercer et al. A perfect 10 would be the Stockwell/Doris Day petition.

-In a freaky upset, the Canadian team beat the Americans in this World Baseball Classic thingie. I don't really know what it is but I do know that it's cool Ernie Whitt and Buck Martinez are managing the two teams and that we kicked their asses.

-In a nearly as freaky upset, the Toronto Maple Leafs won last night over the Montreal Canadiens. The illusion of looming playoff contention thus persists. And now they've strengthened their blue line by adding Luke Richardson because, apparently...they had an extra 5th round draft pick and REALLY wanted to trade SOMETHING for SOMETHING.

-They discovered a new kind of crustacean. I know - whoopee do. But it's called Kiwa hirsuta and it looks like a fuzzy lobster. Both of these would make awesome band names -especially the latter. Don't use it - I've called it. Fuzzy Lobster will be rocking out soon.

-Teri Hatcher first came to my attention as Kiki - Sylvester Stallone's stripper sister in the very underrated classic, Tango and Cash. Then there was the Seinfeld "They're real and they're spectacular" thing and Lois & Clark. She was a fine looking woman but somewhere in the last year she's gotten a bit freaky.

Putting that aside - it's not that I don't sympathize with her plight but if I was deciding to announce to the world that my uncle sexually abused me as a child...I just wonder if a Vanity Fair cover article would be HOW I would do it. But the news is everywhere and that should ensure that they move at least as many issues as last month's two-naked-chicks-and-one-gay-guy cover and the Linday Lohan eating-disorder cover. 2006 is a banner year for journalism already.

Note: Would you believe that CTV news started talking about Hatcher (and Vanity Fair, of course!) as I was typing this? I'm sure millions of abused children are safer already.

That's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home