Wednesday, February 01, 2006

To Bosh or not to Bosh?

I'm really happy that The Raptors won tonight. I mean, I figure we're looking at a lottery pick either way.

But the Toronto Star stole a page from the Toronto Sun with their brilliant headline, "Raptors Hang on to Bosh Wizards." At first I thought there was a missing comma - like Chris Bosh was injured but okay, or something like that.

No -it's just The Star using "Bosh" as a verb. I guess it looks a bit like "bash."
But they only won by 5 - so they didn't BASH the Wizards.
I guess they Boshed them. Fine.

Also it was the lowest attended game in the history of the franchise. But once we have a GM...watch out Clippers!

And don't worry, tabloid fans. The Sun still has a firm hold (for now) on its territory. They're not afraid to throw TWO sports stories on the front page while using references to both Broadway and Shakespeare (missing not one, but TWO commas!) or lead their election coverage with a cartoon that doesn't really look like our new Barely Prime Minister.

And I'm not entirely sure how I got from Chris Bosh to our Great National Crisis but one thing I DO know is that everyone loves a good Royal Commission and/or federal inquiry. It's darned exciting that the Gomery Report is out even if its actual name,"Restoring Accountability - Phase 2," doesn't have all the zing of what lies within. Don't let that deter your from reading all four gripping chapters. It grabs you at the "Terms of Reference" and never lets up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home