Sunday, January 29, 2006

Random Thought #2 - Passwords

In signing up for this thing, I had to come up with a password.
One sucky thing about living these days is how many passwords you have to remember. What did humans in previous generations do with all this brainspace? Can you believe that you know your credit card, debit card and PIN numbers all off by heart?

Particularly annoying to me is that these sanctimonious web sites all tell you to use something you've never used before. Sometimes they order you to use some stupid combination of numbers and letters...

The result is that there are all these web sites I've been on for like 10 years now and they have these old passwords with references to things from 1993 or they are spelled wrong and I don't have the heart to change them. It'd be too much like pulling the bottom log in that Jenga game...I can't risk it.

And so, for this site, I used my #2 Most Frequently Used Password. No one will ever guess it because it is both a minor pop culture reference and, as it turns out, spelled totally wrong. Too late now.
Anyone else have an outdated password they can't part with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home