Sunday, January 29, 2006

Raison D'etre

So, I was kicking back, listening to My Humps, while playing my X-Box 360, wearing my new American Apparel duds, reading A Million Little Pieces (in disgust!) and listening to my Ipod (shuffle, not Nano) and thinking, "How can I keep my edge?" How - and don't we all ask this? - can I say ahead of the curve? Think outside of the box? Be contemporary?
And then it me - the world needs another pointless blog.
It needs my blog.

I figure I can come here, ramble, promote shit that more talented/interesting/lucky friends are doing; use some PG cursing at random (see previous subclause); link to interesting news items I'm far too lazy to write about myself; link to amsuing wire stories about escaped pandas or, say, Vanilla Ice losing his wallaroo (True Story!); compose elaborate essays on why Stephen Harper is the best thing to happen to this country since Nickleback and so on.... Just don't be surprised if we engage in a ribald email exchange and you soon see me regurgitating it here.

Anyway, setting up this thing was pretty easy, except that I had to come up with some kind of codename and I really wasn't prepared for that. Hopefully I can change it later. Here are net alias pitfalls I encountered:
-don't want to come up with something too nerdy: "SexyBest666" or "Dragonslayer"
-don't want something SUPERnerdy: "E=mc2" or "NewtonsApple"
-don't want something too of the moment: "joeytribiani4ever" or "Imtoosexyformycat"
-don't want something based on a recent spam: "UofPhoenixMastersProgram" or "500%morecum"
-don't want something that you're already using for a web password: "HelloKitty" or "rehcselFdivaD"

So where does that leave me?
Sometimes, when surfing the web, I use the nom del plume, 'TJ O'Pootertoot' which is the name of a cannibalistic restaurateur ("Would you like some our delicious pooterballs? It's
pooter-meat...with a taste that's oddly familiar!") from The Ben Stiller Show. So, fairly obscure but not TOO obscure.

When I come up with something better, I'll change it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home