Thursday, March 16, 2006

How did I miss this tidbit?

I was reading Rolling Stone's article on the richest rock stars 0f 2005/06 (not too exciting) and stumbled across a simple throwaway I had no clue about: Cirque du Soleil signed a deal with the Beatles to do a show set to their music.

Now I may have another reason to go to back to Vegas- it looks like it will be at a new 2,000 seat theatre at The Mirage since Siegried & Roy ain't coming back. And I'm behind on my Cirque shows as it is - haven't seen the water one or the sexy one. Maybe if they didn't charge $150 it would be easier to catch em all.

Cirquealready had 4 shows going in Vegas and while they can be a bit hit andmiss (I NEVER understand the "story" at the centre of the show), whenthey are good they are transcendent.

This Beatles thing could be Yellow Submarine, or it could be Lennon.
It's set to open in "mid-2006" so it's getting close...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home